Orthodontic treatment fees vary greatly depending upon the extent of treatment required. Your fee will be discussed before treatment begins. The following payment options may be available:
- Full payment at the onset of treatment, for which a bookkeeping discount is offered.
- In-office, interest-free financing with initial payment at the onset of treatment and monthly payments extended over the course of treatment.
For your convenience, we accept payment by Visa and MasterCard.
In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
If you have any questions about your fees or payment options, please ask us! We will thoroughly explain your choices and work hard to accommodate your needs.
Some employers offer flex-spending and/or orthodontic insurance benefits. You may wish to contact your personnel or payroll department to see if this type of plan is available to you. Although we will do all we can to help you take advantage of these great benefits, the financially responsible party is accountable for all orthodontic fees.
How does orthodontic insurance work?
Orthodontic insurance differs from regular dental insurance in that it rarely pays for treatment in full. Every individual has a maximum lifetime orthodontic benefit, which is usually paid out over the course of treatment. For example, if treatment lasts for 24 months, the reimbursements from the insurance company will be paid out over 24 months until the maximum has been reached. There are many different agreements between insurance carriers and their subscribers, and each contract provides a different benefit.
How can you maximize your benefits?
Know your benefits before treatment begins! Contact your insurance company or benefits administrator so that you know your total benefit amount and when to expect payment. Our knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you as much as possible.
How will our office assist you with your insurance?
We will generate insurance claim forms on your behalf that will describe the orthodontic problem, the length of treatment, and the financial arrangement that you have made with us. We will submit these forms to your insurance carrier, and they will reimburse you directly for payments that you made for treatment. We do not receive notice of payment from your insurance company. Please keep us informed if you have not received reimbursement so that we can re-file a claim.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Payments must be for services rendered and cannot be a pre-payment for future charges. Very few plans will reimburse for payment in full at the beginning of orthodontic treatment.
- Funds are to be used for "out of pocket" expenses. If you have insurance coverage for treatment you must allow for what portion of the fee your insurance will cover.
- Documentation to receive reimbursement from your benefits administrator may be in the form of a receipt for payment or may require a statement of charges. Please check with your administrator.